I've another essay due Thursday. Just so I have all the relevant links conveniently available as I put it together...
Libertarian vs. Utilitarian Justice
1) Overview: contrast historical (libertarian) vs. end state (utilitarian) theories.
2) Utility and Just Deserts. Objections to "past-blindness" leading into libertarian entitlement theory...
3) Problems with transfer principle, including justice-preservation, question-begging definitions of 'freedom', accumulation of power, and ongoing needs.
4) Problems regarding initial acquisition, including illegitimacy of actual holdings.
5) Intergenerational justice and future-blindness. Rejection of absolute rights.
6) Sacrifice and the Separateness of Persons.
7) Self-ownership and parental neglect.
8) Equal concern and illegitimate preferences [forthcoming]