Okay folks, this has got to be the fastest, easiest, cheapest way to do something positive. All you have to do is click. That's it. Just visit the six sites below and click the big colored button. Advertisers on the sites make a donation based on the number of clicks, which represent people who've seen their ads. Click here for more information on how it works. The six sites are:
* The Child Health Site sponsors work that helps prevent life-threatening diseases in children, restores vision to blind children, and enables child amputees to walk. Yesterday, clicks helped 1,685 children get and stay healthy.
* The Literacy Site buys books for children through their partner, First Book. Yesterday, clicks bought books for 903.5 children.
* The Hunger Site supports hunger relief efforts of Mercy Corps and America's Second Harvest (see the January 24th post). Each click provides 1.1 cups of staple food. Yesterday, clicks bought 166,541 cups of staple food for the hungry around the world.
* The Rainforest Site helps preserve rainforests through their charity partners. Each click saves 11.4 square feet of endangered rainforest. Yesterday, clicks protected protected 1,094,560 square feet of endangered land.
* The Breast Cancer Site funds mammograms for women who otherwise would not be able to afford them. Yesterday, clicks bought 10.8 mammograms.
* The Animal Rescue Site provides food and care to rescued animals. Each click buys .6 bowls of food. Yesterday, clicks provided 107,301 bowls of food to animals in shelters and sanctuaries.
I've bookmarked one of the sites (they all link to each other) and click each day as soon as I turn on my computer. It takes me less than 30 seconds to click through all six sites. That's a lot of good for less than 30 seconds a day. Try it and spread the word! No excuses. You'll see: it's the quickest, easiest, cheapest way to make a difference.
It looks legitimate, and is verified by the scambusters at Truth or Fiction. (Though if you have information to the contrary, do let me know.) So I'm adding this to my daily routine - I hope you'll do the same.
Update: Yup, it really is legit. I've added a link to the bottom of my blog's template. I encourage other bloggers to do likewise! :)
Update [15 Feb]: Another free charity is Poverty Fighters, who give 25c per click, for up to 2 clicks per computer per day.