- Where to begin? - philosophers at Leiter Reports offer advice to graduate students.
- "Getting Published" - Peter Smith's helpful overview.
- "The Ethical Obligations of Journals Vis-a-Vis Authors" - Seven proposals to improve how journals treat authors. (And some interesting discussion about multiple submissions.)
- Which journals treat authors the best? - Another great discussion at the Leiter Reports. The consensus seems to be that Analysis and Nous (among others) are great, whereas Mind is particularly atrocious.
- Publications & Hiring Practices, also at Leiter Reports.
- Breakdown of journals by topic, at Fake Barn Country.
- Time Out of Joint - John Holbo asks why multiple concurrent submissions are not allowed, and offers some proposals for an online journal.
- Guidebook for Publishing Philosophy - detailed. (Found via Ratiocination.)
- Journals and Political Philosophy - See the comments for discussion of whether publishing can be bad for philosophy graduate students.
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
Here's a few useful links about publishing papers in philosophy journals:
Posted by Richard Chappell at 6:47 am